Using more than 1 ship at the same time

StarTrek Fleet Command bot. The first and original bot for STFC still running with zero bans after 3+ years!
Gazcreature

Using more than 1 ship at the same time

Post by Gazcreature »

Hi there,
fantastic app, well done for your hard work,

is there a way you can setup the config file to send 2 warships hunting hostiles at the same time, or mine with a couple of ships, and hostile hunt with a 3rd?

Jaybone073

Re: Using more than 1 ship at the same time

Post by Jaybone073 »

It's not currently designed that way. It has to be set to one mode or the other. Multi ships killing in the same area would be nice or at least switch out during repairs. However, that would extremely overcomplicate the macros. I'm sure it COULD be done but the bugs that would need fixing for that would require hours of beta testing reports, dump logs, patience, and staffing.

The bot would more than likely become more expensive this way. Or...it's possible it may generate more users that pay. Either way works well...however, as a former developer myself of many android tweaks, I'd say that right now it's pretty solid as is. Updates to the game also throw monkey wrenches in the bot that take that same effort, testing and reporting to fix. Adding more ships on top of that would mean longer periods of players not being able to enjoy the features it currently has by doubling the workload... Or more.

That's just my two cents. I don't know PiXeLBoTTeR personally, nor can I speak for them. But as a person who has done this kind of work myself, I can't tell you the countless hours that can go into just one fix.

PiXeLBoTTeR
Site Admin

Re: Using more than 1 ship at the same time

Post by PiXeLBoTTeR »

Jaybone073 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:37 pm It's not currently designed that way. It has to be set to one mode or the other. Multi ships killing in the same area would be nice or at least switch out during repairs. However, that would extremely overcomplicate the macros. I'm sure it COULD be done but the bugs that would need fixing for that would require hours of beta testing reports, dump logs, patience, and staffing.

The bot would more than likely become more expensive this way. Or...it's possible it may generate more users that pay. Either way works well...however, as a former developer myself of many android tweaks, I'd say that right now it's pretty solid as is. Updates to the game also throw monkey wrenches in the bot that take that same effort, testing and reporting to fix. Adding more ships on top of that would mean longer periods of players not being able to enjoy the features it currently has by doubling the workload... Or more.

That's just my two cents. I don't know PiXeLBoTTeR personally, nor can I speak for them. But as a person who has done this kind of work myself, I can't tell you the countless hours that can go into just one fix.
This ^ EXACTLY - Simply do not have the time to make things more complex, If this was my only job perhaps but my life is extremely busy and this is more of a side passion.