Suggestions

StarTrek Fleet Command bot. The first and original bot for STFC still running with zero bans after 3+ years!
tailofdlu

Re: Suggestions

Post by tailofdlu »

ok, will do. That is not in my config file, however, the auto claim works in hostile mode, but not mining mode. I'll try adding it next time I mine. Thanks again!

PiXeLBoTTeR
Site Admin

Post by PiXeLBoTTeR »

No problem - The auto claim function is not added to mining atm, want to make sure mining works well before allowing it to claim boxes & reduce any misclicks / positioning issue

Jaybone073

Post by Jaybone073 »

The information banner that claims victories/losses and points earned in events often sticks at the top of the screen. This is a game bug. Perhaps a "timed" click and swipe up could be added to the bot....say every 10 to 15 minutes or so. Or conveniently timed when the ship is being recalled to the station for repairs. This is primarily because most hostile hunters using the bot set it up while they're asleep. This stuck banner causes severe lag if left unattended for hours at a time causing Bluestacks/Nox to crash.

Also maybe consider adding a message inbox check feature. Open, tap select all, then mark as read. This may not go over so well for those that get raided that forgot to shield, though.

Another useful feature could be an auto zoom. Often the player has to make sure the screen is zoomed out prior to starting the bot. The zoom out could be added after the left window is closed or after the ship doing battle is selected. However, this would only cause the zoom out to occur once per session. Maybe adding the zoom out could happen as the ship is awaiting arrival to hostile system? Just a thought.

tailofdlu

Post by tailofdlu »

100% to the auto zoom out. I've discovered that if the game resets, it will zoom in and the bot is unable to detect hostiles at all, for hours at a time.

I also tend to get stuck on the auto-claim screen. I've turned it off in the file, yet a 4hr or 24hr will cause it to hang everytime.

PiXeLBoTTeR
Site Admin

Post by PiXeLBoTTeR »

Zoom is being worked on, what do you mean hang on 4hr or 24hr?
come by the chat and share your debug log so we can see what's going on

tailofdlu

Post by tailofdlu »

on chat and the bot is actually stuck right now.

Jaybone073

Post by Jaybone073 »

Another suggestion is a changelog. It seems there is an update very often. Sometimes several a week. Okay, great! But what changed? Perhaps there is a place already for it here and I don't see it or haven't aggressively searched for it. Either way, knowing what was changed in updates would be helpful.

PiXeLBoTTeR
Site Admin

Post by PiXeLBoTTeR »

Jaybone073 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:01 pm Another suggestion is a changelog. It seems there is an update very often. Sometimes several a week. Okay, great! But what changed? Perhaps there is a place already for it here and I don't see it or haven't aggressively searched for it. Either way, knowing what was changed in updates would be helpful.
Usually if it's not mentioned, just internal code changes for optimizations or for a game that's currently in beta, most changes have been for ManaStoria lately

Jaybone073

Post by Jaybone073 »

So here's an idea...

Hostile hunting. The bot recognizes when the ship is in warp or if it needs to be repaired, correct? That would also stand to reason the bot would recognize that it is "HOME". When starting the hostile grind feature (broken since patch 33) if the bot recognizes the ship is in a Home state that the bot should now select a bookmark and then an empty area. The bot could then check to see if the Go button exists and initiate the move to the system and check for warp tokens and such like it normally does. This would end the attack loop that has been happening since the most recent patch, and thus, fix the hostile hunting problem.