V2 Bot

StarTrek Fleet Command: trekBot discussions only
Username

V2 Bot

Post by Username »

Have switched to the V2 bot and so far have the following observations:
  • Targeting much slower than the v1 bot
  • After targeting, clicking attack is much slower
  • Seems to click the 5th bookmark when selecting locations, which for me kept sending it to other systems
  • Keeps retargeting during long travel times
  • No swarm modes
  • Clicking STOP does not end the session, which means if youre testing/changing settings frequently it quickly reports no available sessions which is highly annoying
Overall the bot seems to be working but has no where near the speed of the original bot, have mainly tested on lvl 30 swarms in Von so far, so plenty of targets.
Should this bot be much slower than the original? Tested in the VM originally created for the V1 bot, directly on bare hardware and on a high end gaming PC, all see the same behaviour,

PiXeLBoTTeR
Site Admin

Re: V2 Bot

Post by PiXeLBoTTeR »

-Others have state the targeting is much faster (On my system it's more or less the same)
-Clicking attack is delayed on purpose to check and make sure it's not attacking a player
-v2 you need to add 5 bookmarks not just 4
-Travel time is set for 60 seconds (if it takes any longer bot will switch target)
-Swarm mode was only available because V1 bot couldn't target Interceptor correctly

Username

Re: V2 Bot

Post by Username »

Have been testing throughout the afternoon doing swarms in Frysta.

Seems its slower because its having issues detecting hostiles, keep seeing in the log "hostile ship was not detected going to bookmark" despite the fact there's probably 5 - 8 hostiles on the screen at the time, with a few sitting smack bang in the centre.

Also seeing some random clicking behaviour where it clicks at a random point on the screen (brings up the Go dialogue), the log states:
Attempting to attack: interceptor
Did not attack target

I timed between it selecting a hostile and actually clicking attack at around 8 seconds - is that normal?
With a screen full of hostiles the average selection time is about 5 seconds if it actually detects them, again is that normal?

If someone intercepts a hostile it spends an age following that player, the V1 bot reports target lost/destroyed and seemed to waste far less time.

In a normal afternoon I can farm around 300,000 Frequency Modulators with the V1 bot, the V2 so far seems to have done less than half that.
More concerning is the flying around my ship seems to be doing passing hostiles, it looks more like a bot than it has ever done.